Friday 23rd August 2019,
Grm Law Firm

Some FAQs You Must Know About Slip, Trip and Fall Accidents

Some FAQs You Must Know About Slip, Trip and Fall Accidents

Slip, trip and fall accidents are the most common type of accidents that can happen to you at a public place. There are many factors related to a slip, trip and fall accidents that you must know. For instance, if you are a victim of slip, trip and fall accident, you are entitled to a fair compensation that can cover all your financial losses. To know more about slip, trip and fall accidents, go ahead and read the frequently asked questions about them.

What are Slip, Trip and Fall Accidents?

If you are at a public place and accidentally you trip or slip and fall causing yourself an injury, the accident will be called slip, trip and fall accident. The slip and fall accidents mostly occur due to the negligence of the property owner.

How is Property Owner Responsible?

In a slip, trip and fall accident, you may injure yourself badly. It is the duty of the property owner to maintain and monitor their place regularly and ensure that the place is safe for everyone who visits it. If they fail to do, one may face an accident and harm themselves. Therefore, if any such accident happens, the property owner is held responsible for your injuries and loss.

Should an Accident Report Be Filled?

Yes, the accident report will be the strongest evidence against the property owner. In it you have to mention every single detail that how the accident happened and how much did it hurt you. You must also mention if there were any witnesses at the time of accident who can testify your report.

How will be the Medical Expenses Covered?

In case of slip, trip and fall accidents, you are entitled to a certain amount of compensation from the property owner. For this you will have to prove the defender’s negligence and how it caused your injury. If not so, your medical expenses can also be covered from your health insurance policies.

Is the Property Owner Liable for My Injuries?

In short, yes. The owner was aware of the possible dangers on his property and did nothing to get them repaired or fixed which caused your accident. The landlord or the owner, in this case, would be responsible for your injury and you can claim for the compensation against them to cover all your medical bills and lost wages.

Do You Need an Attorney For Your Case?

In simple words, it depends on your case. In case there is a minor accident, you may communicate directly with the insurance company and the property owner and settle down your claim. In case of major injuries and fatal accidents, hiring an attorney seems like the best option. They are experienced and skilled in such cases and know how to go about them. Their wide exposure and expertise can help you get a fair compensation for your loss.

These were some basic slip, trip and fall accidents FAQ. You must be aware of your rights and if any such accident happens to you, do not hesitate to seek a legal assistance.

Like this Article? Share it!

About The Author

Leave A Response